10 May Historic St Albans
One of the UK’s oldest cities, dating back to Roman times
Only a 10-minute drive from our hotel is St Albans – a beautiful city often referred to as ‘England’s Hidden Gem’.
On your trip, you can:
- Visit the beautiful St Albans Cathedral
- Stroll through Heartwood Forest and Verulamium Park
- Admire centuries-old buildings and architecture architecture
- Stop off at the UK’s largest medieval Tithe Barn, renowned for its beautiful interior
- Watch captivating performances at the city-centre theatre
When you’re looking to let off some steam, you will also love St Albans’ array of pubs. The city boasts the highest number of pubs in any one town in England, as well as the oldest pub in England (‘Ye Olde Fighting Cocks’).
Aubrey Park Hotel is the ideal base from which to discover the wonderful city of St Albans.
St Albans Cathedral
cc-by-sa/2.0 – © Stephen McKay – geograph.org.uk/p/4480137